My Photo
Name:
Location: Aurora, Colorado

Me. 27. Female. Married. Sister. Daughter. Teacher. Friend.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Shadow Divers by Robert Kurson


Genre: Non-fiction, adventure
Pages: 390
Duration: March 5-9, 2007, half listened to, half read.

Description:
This book tells the story of two men who live to deep sea dive. Off the tip of a fisherman, they go to investigate a mass in the ocean. Upon diving the first time, they discover it is a U-boat from World War II. The book tells the story of the divers lives for the next six years as they try to learn the identity of the mysterious U-boat.

Review: I have to admit, I was a skeptic. I didn't really think I'd enjoy a book about deep sea diving. I mean, I've never had any interest in any way shape or form. But let me tell you, I couldn't put this book down, hence one of the reasons I listened to it. As with any true story, their have been others who have criticized the information in the book as false, but Kurson does a wonderful job of making this story come to live, and my guess is that the most important facts and the feeling associated with these two divers are correct. I would recommended this to almost everyone....in fact, I pretty much already have. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home